The Walton College Accounting Department has been ranked 19th (in a tie) among public universities according to Business Week. Our ranking among both public and private universities is 35th. A news release detailing this honor will be published next week.
At the Arkansas Donald W. Reynolds Governor's Cup business plan competition this week, Walton College teams brought home five awards:
- Tears for Life won first place in the graduate competition.
- Elevate Medical won third place in the undergraduate competition.
- Tears for Life won the graduate Innovation Award.
- Elevate Medical won the undergraduate Innovation Award.
- Ground Up Biosolutions won the Agriculture Award.
And, finally, the Northwest Arkansas chapter of the Public Relations Society of America recently awarded two "Apex" Awards to the Walton College. The first award went to Kathy Deck, director of the Center for Business and Economic Research, for being the "Communicator of the Year." The second award - for Special Events and Observances - was given to the Office of External Relations in recognition of "Decade of Dreams," the tenth anniversary celebration of the Arkansas Business Hall of Fame.